Here is a sample of a two week menu in my house:
Lunch: (based around local school lunch menues)
Monday: Ham & Cheese Sandwich On Wheat Bread, Banana, Milk or juice
Tuesday: Pig-In-A-Blanket, Tossed Green Salad, Oven Baked Fries, Fresh Fruit, Milk or juice
Wednesday: leftover Spaghetti w/meat sauce, green beans, Jell-o, Milk or juice
Thursday: Chicken Nuggets W/BBQ Sauce, Macaroni & Cheese, Peas, Fruit Cup, Milk or juice
Friday: Beef Taco, Apple Slices w/cinnamon, Cookies, Milk or juice
Monday: Fish Sticks, Macaroni & Cheese, Steamed Broccoli, Fresh Fruits, Milk or juice
Tuesday: Pepperoni Pizza Wedges, Seasoned Corn, Jell-o, Milk or juice
Wednesday: leftover Lasagna, green salad, bread , Milk or juice
Thursday: Beef Taco, Apple Slices w/cinnamon, Cookies, Milk or juice
Friday: leftover jambalaya, corn on the cob, bread, Milk or juice
Monday: Grilled Tilapia, green salad, bread
Tuesday: Spaghetti w/meat sauce, corn on the cob, French bread
Wednesday: Chicken Quesadillas, tortillas w/salsa, apple wedges w/cinnamon
Thursday: Turkey Burgers, baked fries, raw carrots
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Cheese n crackers
Air popped popcorn
Now, to make it simple I do all of my shopping then come home and prepare all of my foods for the coming two weeks. I will brown all of the ground beef, allow it to cool, then bag it and freeze it.
If a recipe, such as the spaghetti, calls for specific seasonings then I measure them out, put them in a small container, label it and put it into the spice cabinet. I make one whole loaf of PB&J; at a time, bag it, then freeze it. I make whatever I can ahead of time, then freeze so that all I have to do is take it out of the freezer and heat it. It saves so much time during the week.
I will post more tips and pictures in the coming weeks as I plan. I have a ton of them… I’m just tired of typing! )
Hope this helps!
Please take a moment and visit my sponsors to see how they can help you!
- ArtBookbindery.com – Empowering writer’s to self-publish!
- Manners Mentors – Discover your purpose and influence a generation!
- Pix-O-Sphere – Family friendly photo community
Also check out:
- Missed BlissDom 2011? Get It Here. It’s just like being there!
- ? 31 Days to Build a Better Blog – Easy step by step ways to improve your blog presence!
- List Plan-It – For the list lover in you!
- E-MEALZ – Easy Meals for Busy and Frugal Families
- *UPDATED* Clutter Diet – Everything you need to tackle the clutter once and for all!
- Plan to Eat – Because eating at home should be easier.