I want to keep this post simple and sweet. Most of you know this already but for those who may be new I wanted to include it. It is important for us keep our integrity in tact at all times. We can’t be taken seriously as a blogger or someone in ministry if we lack basic integrity. Here is how you can maintain integrity on your blog:
- Do not steal others content. This includes photos, text, graphics, and sound files.
- Disclose all material relationships and money making practices.
- Honor each others content if you cite it or if you are inspired by it to create something else. Give them a link. Give them credit.
- Treat everyone with respect. Don’t attack others in blog posts, on Twitter, or on Facebook. If it can’t be handled privately then consider legal counsel but hashing it out online will only make you look bad.
- Understand that there will be difference of opinion and not everyone will agree with your opinion.
- Always be honest.
- Ask for permission before publishing photos, stories or the like from family and friends. They may not want to be posted on your blog. Never publish anything that was told to you in private even if the person’s name is not mentioned.
- If you quote facts and statistics then cite a source.
- Try products before you recommend them. We must stand behind what we promote.
Those are the basics. I’m sure there are many more that I could add but this is a good sound start.
Find the rest of the series here: 31 Days to Online Ministry
Also check out:
- Missed BlissDom 2011? Get It Here. It’s just like being there!
- ? 31 Days to Build a Better Blog – Easy step by step ways to improve your blog presence!
- Simple Blogging. – Don’t have 40 hours a week to spend on blogging? This E-book helps you grow your blog with less time on the computer.