When I travel I like to well prepared. I try to pack clothing that doesn’t require ironing and I leave all valuables at home. I don’t take large bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash and also, I don’t buy it there. You will need some toiletries and things for travel but there is no need to spend lots of money on it. I’ve tried those little trial sizes a few times but I can no longer justify spending 10x as much for a brand of shampoo that I don’t even like. That is why I started using my own little bottles and packing my own favorite bath products. Now I have the convenience of home without carrying the entire bottle with me.
I found these little bottles at Target. I fill it with my mmm, mmm, smell good shampoo and then I slap one of my little labels on it. Fast, easy and convenient and I travel light!
NOTE: I print these (and most of my other stickers) on Avery Project Sticker Paper (not an affiliate link). I cut them out afterwards. By using this paper for all of the printables that need to be printed as stickers I don’t spend a ton of money on pre-cut stuff. This paper works fine for all of it.
I make my own checked luggage tags too. I really don’t like stopping to fill one out at the baggage check so instead I just print out my luggage tags on cardstock and stamp the back with my address stamper. Then I use a hole punch to remove the white center at the top and then laminate the tag and use some fancy ribbon to tie it to my bag.
Tips to Use When Checking Your Bags (Ways to Prevent Lost Luggage):
- Leave your information inside the bag. Put your name, address and phone number in several locations within the bag just in case the bag is lost and the baggage tag gets torn off.
- Using your cell phone, take a photo of your luggage just in case you need it later. You just never know if you will need it.
- Pack light. If a bag is too large or weighs too much then you increase the chance of the bag having to be rerouted for manual sorting or extra security screenings.
- Stick to one carrier. Some booking websites have you take connecting flights through different carriers but that increases the chance of your luggage being lost.
- Make your bag easier to locate at baggage pick-up by making it stand out. Use homemade or custom luggage tags and tie it onto your bags using a unique ribbon.
Many more printables to come! Subscribe by RSS reader so you don’t miss any!
To read the other posts in this series visit: 31 Days of Free Printables