Cleaning counter tops is something that you wouldn’t think could get any easier. Truth is, until I discovered this tip I never thought the chore was that difficult. It was actually the one chore I didn’t have a problem with.
I’m a girl who likes to find multiple uses for kitchen tools so the first time I used my new dough scraper I was thrilled when I discovered that it was a super duper helper for scraping up unwanted counter gunk. It found the dried grape jelly and the dried on leftovers before my rag ever wiped over them.
How to Clean Counter Tops Quickly & Effectively (Tweetable)
- Remove all items from the area that needs to be cleaned.
- Spray with all purpose cleaner.
- Use scraper and scrape it along the surface at an angle, removing all sticky substances and stuck on debris. Be careful if doing this with tile. It can remove grout.
- Wipe with cleaning cloth.
- Dry and buff with dry cloth.
- For extra disinfecting spray with undiluted vinegar or hydrogen peroxide. Wipe dry.
- Enjoy your clean counters!
To read the other posts in this series: 31 Days to a Clean, Fresh Nest.
For more blogger’s participating in the “31 Days” series visit Nesting Place.
If you are not interested in chasing down ingredients or making your own you can now buy our handmade natural cleaning products from our Etsy Shop: Fleur de Posh Natural Cleaners on Etsy or visit our website: Fleur de Posh.
disclaimer: Since posting our base recipes on the blog we have greatly improved upon the process and ingredients we use. What you purchase will be slightly different from what is posted on this blog.